Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Archive for 2013

Jump to page:

A Minty Fresh Relationship

| Romantic | August 18, 2013

(We are at an Italian restaurant, where they give mints at the end of the meal. Usually they just give one per person, but this time they gave two. I pass my husband his two, and he grabs one, leaving the other in the center of the table.)

Me: “They left us two each this time.”

(My husband grabs the second mint.)

Husband: “I love you, and I’d die for you, but you aren’t getting my mint.”

Me: “Are you trying to audition for a mint commercial?!”

Empirical About The Physical

| Related | August 18, 2013

(I come out as a lesbian to my entire family. Everyone takes it well except for my brother, who claims I need to have a ‘physical relationship’ with another girl before I can ‘officially’ be gay. Sometime later, I go up to him.)

Me: “Well, you can stop pestering me now.”

Brother: “What do you mean?”

Me: “I just got ‘physical’ with my girlfriend. I can now say I’m gay in front of you.”

Brother: “No, you can’t.”

Me: “Why not?”

Brother: “Because you need to have a physical relationship with a boy, too.”

Me: “But you’ve never had sex with a guy. How do you know you’re straight?”

Brother: “…that’s different.”

Weekly Roundup: Hotels & Lodging

, | Right | August 18, 2013

Weekly Roundup: Hotels & Lodging! In this week’s roundup, we share five stories about hotel & motel customers!

  1. Smoking Rate Gets Smokers Irate (2,101 thumbs up)
  2. Unable To Order, Drunken Disorder (1,959 thumbs up)
  3. Can’t Keep Up With The Joneses (4,248 thumbs up)
  4. When (Not) In Rome (1,940 thumbs up)
  5. Voodoo Or Do Not, There Is No Jedi (2,813 thumbs up)

PS #1: check out our Extras section, with pictures, videos, and news!

PS #2: Read more roundups here!

At Least He Was Knife About It

, | Right | August 18, 2013

(I’m volunteering at the concessions area of a local hockey arena. A customer walks up to the counter.)

Me: “Hello, sir!”

Customer: “Hey! Could I get the key to room three?”

(At our rink, the accessing of the rink locker rooms requires a special set of keys. Policy dictates that in exchange for the keys, there needs to be a small deposit. Usually, people give us their house keys or car keys, and we give them the room key. This is an effort to prevent theft and carelessness.)

Me: “No problem! However, there is a small deposit required for the key; something like your car keys or house keys is needed to prevent theft. We’ll give it back once we get the locker room keys back.”

Customer: “Oh, okay. Let’s see here, um…”

(The customer begins rummaging around his coat pockets. Suddenly, he reaches inside his jacket, and pulls out a massive hunting knife and places it on the counter.)

Customer: “Will this be okay?”

Me: *speechless*

Customer: “Great, thanks!”

(The customer takes the locker room keys and walks away. Behind him this entire time, a second customer is waiting in line.)

Customer #2: “Whoa.”

Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Went

| Right | August 18, 2013

(A woman approaches the register and sets down four half-eaten chocolate bars from our candy aisle.)

Customer: “I sampled these chocolates and didn’t like the consistency, so I don’t want them anymore.”

(The customer starts to walk away.)

Coworker: “Okay, well, I’m sorry about that, but you’re still going to have to pay for these.”

Customer: “But I didn’t like them!”

Coworker: “Right, but you can’t just take things without paying. What made you think that would be okay?”

Customer: “THEY WERE JUST SITTING IN MY CART! WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO?!”