Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Archive for 2013

Jump to page:

Top 5 Not Always Right Stories of August

| Right | September 1, 2013

August 2013 Top Story Roundup: Here are Not Always Right’s top-rated stories for the month of August!

  1. Checkouts Are Places For Change (4,491 thumbs up)
  2. In Line And Out Of Line (4,128 thumbs up)
  3. How To Deflate The Bag (3,161 thumbs up)
  4. Karkat, Thor, And Loki Walk Into A Bar… (3,125 thumbs up)
  5. Doing Right(click) By The Aged (2,989 thumbs up)

PS #1: check out our new Extras section, with pictures, videos, and news!

PS #2: Read more roundups here!

Ah, Mothers, Part 8

, , , | Right | September 1, 2013

(I am a student, and I babysit for money. On Mondays, I take the little boy I watch to the playground for a few hours and helicopter around him in case he hurts himself. A mother at the park approaches me.)

Mother: “You know, I just want to tell you: I see you here every Monday and I think it’s just great that you are such a hands-on young mother.”

Me: “Oh! I’m not his mother! I’m just his babysitter. But thank you anyway!”

Mother: “Sweetie, you don’t need to be embarrassed! You should embrace being a great mom, especially at such a young age. I can’t even imagine what it’s like for you as a single mom in your early 20s!”

Me: “Uhm, really, I am not his mother. I am just his babysitter. But I’m flattered you think I am doing a great job caring for him!”

(The mother walks away to the sandbox area, where other mothers are sitting just within earshot.)

Mother: “You ladies will not believe this! That girl over there is trying to claim that that baby is not hers! Some people! I wonder if her parents have brainwashed her into thinking it’s their baby. There are some really crazy people out there huh?”

Related:
Ah, Mothers, Part 7
Ah, Mothers, Part 6
Ah, Mothers, Part 5
Ah, Mothers, Part 4
Ah, Mothers, Part 3


This story is part of the Babysitting roundup!

Read the next roundup story!

Read the roundup!

Sell To A Betta Person

| Right | September 1, 2013

Customer: “I want betta fish. What size tank for those?”

Me: “I recommend at least a gallon, but if you can afford a five gallon one, that would be great!”

(The customer picks up one that holds only a pint of water.)

Customer: “How about this one?”

Me: “I really don’t recommend keeping your betta in a tank that small. Those are meant for temporary holding only. It’s not suited as a permanent home.”

Customer: “Why the h*** not? It says it’s for betta fish!”

Me: “Yes but that tank does not offer the amount of room necessary for a betta. It might be able to survive for a time, but it’s the equivalent of shoving a large dog in a closet and keeping it there for two years.”

Customer: “You don’t know what you’re talking about! Fish don’t think. They can’t feel pain. They’re nothing.”

Me: “As a matter of fact, they do. Their perception of pain is even more sensitive than humans.”

Customer: “Why should I care?”

Me: “If you don’t care, why do you want one if the first place?”

Customer: “To look nice! I want a pretty fish for people to look at when they visit my home!”

(I realize this customer isn’t going to provide a decent home for the fish, and refuse her the sale. The store owner agrees with me, and the customer storms out fishless.)

Top 5 Not Always Right Stories of August

Right | September 1, 2013

August 2013 Top Story Roundup: Here are Not Always Right’s top-rated stories for the month of August!

  1. Checkouts Are Places For Change (4,491 thumbs up)
  2. In Line And Out Of Line (4,128 thumbs up)
  3. How To Deflate The Bag (3,161 thumbs up)
  4. Karkat, Thor, And Loki Walk Into A Bar… (3,125 thumbs up)
  5. Doing Right(click) By The Aged (2,989 thumbs up)

PS #1: check out our new Extras section, with pictures, videos, and news!

PS #2: Read more roundups here!

Not Drastic With The Plastic

| Working | August 31, 2013

(I have just purchased a pastry to-go. I leave the cafe and take a bite, only to find a large chunk of plastic inside, which nearly chips my tooth. I take it straight back and show the cashier.)

Me: “Hey, I bought this like a minute ago and uh, there’s a big bit of plastic in it…” *shows him*

Cashier: “Oh… okay.” *stares at me for several seconds*

Me: “Yeah…”

Cashier: *blank stare*

Me: “Yep…”

Cashier: “Yeah, it was probably from one of the plastic containers it came in.”

Me: “Oh-kayyyyyyy…”

Cashier: “Oh, did you want me to do something about it?!”