Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Archive for 2013

Jump to page:

Maximum Warp To Krypton

| Related | September 19, 2013

(I am meeting the daughter of one of my best friends for the first time. At this point, she is about one and a half. I buy her a plush USS Enterprise from ‘Star Trek,’ which prompts her father and I to discuss who was better, Kirk or Picard.)

Me: “Kirk!”

Friend: “Picard!”

Me: “There is only one way to settle this; let’s ask your daughter. Sweetie, who is better, Kirk or Picard?”

Friend’s Daughter: “Super Kirk!”

(We both have to agree with that!)


This story is part of our ‘Star Trek’ roundup!

Read the next ‘Star Trek’ roundup story!

Read the ‘Star Trek’ roundup!

A Theatrical Reaction

| Right | September 19, 2013

(I am a greeter at the movie theater, so I rip the tickets. There are two of the same movies playing up the stairs. The movie that started is in theater four, and the movie that is about to start is in theater five. I greet a couple.)

Me: “Are you here to see [movie title]? Previews should just be going on.”

Customer: “Yeah, I heard that it is great.”

Me: “Your movie will be in theater five up the stairs.”

Customer: “Thanks.”

(Note: theater five should now be in previews. Shortly after the couple leaves, I hear someone running down the stairs. It is the same customer from the couple as before.)

Customer: “What is this bull-s***?! I want to see a manager NOW!”

Me: “What seems to be the problem?”

Customer: “You told me [movie] was in previews! When I got into the theater, the previews didn’t even go on, and it went straight into the movie! This is an outrage!”

Me: “How can that be? The movie should just be getting into previews!”

Customer: “I want a f****** refund, and I want your manager now!”

(Her husband jumps into the conversation.)

Customer’s Husband: “This is an outrage! I can’t stand people who lie! I want a refund for this horrible service.”

Me: “Well, what theater did you go into?”

Customer’s Husband: “We went into theater four.”

(I just look at them at this point. They went into the wrong theater.)

Customer: “Yeah, someone told us when we got up to the second floor that the movie was in four!”

Me: “Ma’am, there is no one up stairs that works for the theater. What your ticket stub says, is what your movie is in.”

Customer: “Oh, I am so sorry honey! I thought that we were going to the right theater.”

Me: “It is fine, ma’am. Previews should just be ending so I would hurry.”

(They both go up the stairs. I look at my coworker.)

Coworker: “I wanted to jump in, but I didn’t know how to.”

Me: “It’s fine; I don’t really mind. I just let them yell at me and then use a calm voice to confuse them.”

Coworker: “Note taken.”

Pet-ty Differences

| Working | September 19, 2013

(I’m selling train tickets, and we have a new hire for the summer. As I am on my break, the new hire calls me. There’s a small fee if you travel with a pet, and if you don’t have anything to carry this pet with you, we offer to sell a cage.)

New Hire: “Hey, there’s a traveler who wants a discount for his kid. Can I sell them the pet formula and the cage?”

Me: “Er… who is it for, an animal?”

New Hire: “Nope, it’s for the child. He’s 10 years old.”

Me: “Of course not! He’s a child, so he has to get the child fare, and that’s it.”

New Hire: “Oh, okay. I thought it’d work.”

Polite Touch

| Right | September 19, 2013

(I am working the register when a young girl of about four or five approaches.)

Little Girl: “Excuse me, but do you sell bottled water?”

Me: “We sure do sweetheart; it’s right by the self check out.”

(The little girl walks over to the coolers and grabs a water. She stops by her mother who is nearby in an aisle and then comes back to me.)

Little Girl: “I told my mommy I was feeling a bit dehydrated, so she said I can buy this.”

Me: “You sure can! That will be [total].”

(She hands me $2, and I hand her her change.)

Me: “Thank you for being so polite; enjoy your water!”

Little Girl: “You’re welcome, ma’am. My mommy says you should be polite to people because it makes them happy, and I like to make people happy.”

(She certainly put a smile on my face for the rest of the night!)

Both Require Eggs

| Romantic | September 19, 2013

(My 22-year-old boyfriend is making pancakes for the first time in his life. I’m helping.)

Boyfriend: “So, how do I know when it’s done?”

Me: “Well, you see it’s a bit stiff right after you flip it, but when it’s done it becomes softer.”

Boyfriend: “So, it’s done when it goes flaccid. Like me!”