Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Archive for 2013

Jump to page:

Social Insecurity, Part 3

| Working | December 21, 2013

(I’m calling my insurance company for info about my policy. I’m asked for my policy number. I don’t have it on me so I asked for him to look it up by social security number.)

Me: *gives social security number*

Representative: “Please verify your name.”

Me: *gives name*

Representative: “And your date of birth.”

Me: *gives date of birth*

Representative: “Now, please verify the last four digits of your social.”

Me: *pause* “You mean the last four digits of my social, that I gave you in whole to look up my policy?”

Representative: “…Yes.”

Knot Going To Live It Down

| Romantic | December 21, 2013

Me: “Is it just me, or are books basing their covers on other more popular books? I mean, look at this one—” *points at random book* “—and this one.”

(My boyfriend looks at the books, and particularly at ’50 Shades of Grey,’ which neither of us likes.)

Boyfriend: “He shouldn’t even be using a half Windsor knot. It ought to be a full Windsor knot. It will be more secure and bulkier, which is the whole point.”

Me: “… I love you.”

Boyfriend: “You will forget that I know that. Right?”

Me: “No.”

Her Head Is Up In The Clouds, Part 2

| Related | December 21, 2013

(It’s Christmas, and the entire family is over for lunch. We’re all talking about random things when the subject of iTunes comes up; specifically, iCloud.)

Mum: “It’s really clever how they do that.”

Me: “Do what?”

Mum: “Attach a satellite to a cloud in the sky…”

Have Yourself A Very Slender Christmas

| Related | December 21, 2013

(My sister and I are watching ‘A Nightmare Before Christmas’ while I’m video-chatting my partner.)

Sister: “It’s Slender Man!”

Me: “What? No!”

Sister: “He fits the legends!”

Me: “Slender Man doesn’t have a face.”

Sister: “Oh.”

Me: *to partner* “My sister just called Jack Skellington, Slender Man.”

Partner: *slowly horrified* “…no.”

Saigon And Farewell To A Good Grade

| Learning | December 21, 2013

(My tenth-grade history class is currently learning about the Vietnam War. Today’s focus is on the bombing of Cambodia.)

Teacher: “It was like science fiction. People in the US couldn’t believe it was happening!”

(We proceed to watch a short film filled with archival footage, as well as have a fifteen-minute discussion. At the end, my teacher asks if there are any questions. The girl in front of me raises her hand.)

Student: “So, did this, like, actually happen?”