Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Archive for 2013

Jump to page:

Learning Colorful Language

| Related | October 31, 2013

(I’m about two years old. My father works in a butcher’s shop with a young black man. He greets me the same way every time I see him, with a fist-bump, and then he says:)

Father’s Coworker: “Yo, lil’ [n-word], sup?”

My Mom: “Could you please not teach her that word?”

Father’s Coworker: “It’s cool, Mrs. J. She’s too young to understand what I’m saying anyway.”

(We come into the shop another day, and I see my father’s coworker working behind the counter. I begin bouncing in my seat to go see him. My mother ignores me, until I furiously point my fist in his direction and begin indignantly shouting:)

Me: “[N-word]! [N-word]! [N-word]! [N-word]!”

(The entire shop glares at my very red-faced mother!)

A Mother’s Condomnation

| Related | October 31, 2013

(My 17-year-old cousin has brought her boyfriend to a family party. Most people still think she’s really innocent.)

Younger Cousin: “If you get pregnant at my school, they kick you out!”

Cousin: “Well you’re 14. Don’t worry about getting pregnant for another 10 years.”

My Mom: “How about you?”

Cousin: “Well… I’m a senior, and then college, so maybe five years?”

My Sister: “What about me?”

Cousin: “Absolutely not. Use a condom. They’re [price] for a 12-pack at [Store]. That’s including tax.”

My Mom: “And how would you know this?”

Cousin: “Uh…”

My Mom: “And a 12-pack?”

Cousin: “Bye!”

(I hide in my boyfriend’s chest.)

Boyfriend: “Well… at least we’ll always be prepared?”

Tenticular Tension

| Related | October 31, 2013

(I am at the work Christmas party. Everyone is allowed to bring a ‘date’ and also their kids, if they like. One coworker brings his sister who was visiting, and his nephew who is around six years old. We are at a buffet restaurant that specializes in Chinese food. The place is packed. My coworker has a scoop of octopus salad on his plate, and is teasing his nephew with the tentacles.)

Coworker: “C’mon, try it!”

Nephew: “NO!”

Coworker: “I ate it! What are you, chicken?”

Nephew: “I don’t want to—”

Coworker: *chicken noises* “Buck buck buck!”

(The nephew shouts back so that the entire restaurant can hear.)

Nephew: “UNCLE! I AM NOT GOING TO EAT YOUR TESTICLES!”


This story was included in our Chinese Restaurant Roundup.

Click here to read the next story!

Click here to go to the roundup!

One Giant Leap Backwards For Mankind

| Romantic | October 31, 2013

(My boyfriend and I have only been dating for a few days, but he’s driving me up from Indiana University to Purdue University for a tournament.)

Me: “Purdue has the Neil Armstrong building. He was a student there.”

Boyfriend: “Really? That’s cool!”

Me: “Yep. My grandma was sorority sisters with his first wife. She was a bridesmaid in their wedding.”

Boyfriend: “Oh wow! It must have been a real bummer with all the drugs then.”

Me: “…that was Lance Armstrong.”

Boyfriend: “Oh my god… I can’t believe I just did that!”

The Un-fairer Sex

| Romantic | October 31, 2013

(We’re on a bus heading into the city, and are passing through an area where we regularly go shopping.)

Me: “Oh, they have a sale on at [Store]! It must be an opening sale; I’ve never seen it there before!”

Boyfriend: “What do you mean? I’ve taken you there before!”

(I have no recollection of this. We playfully get into a ‘no you haven’t,’ and ‘yes I have’ argument, when a little old lady sitting behind us chimes in.)

Little Old Lady: “Don’t bother arguing with her dear; you’ll never win with women!”

Me: “That’s right; listen to your elders!”