Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Archive for 2013

Jump to page:

Following Instructions In A Manner Of Speaking

| Right | November 3, 2013

(I am finishing ringing up a sale for a customer. The final step on the signature pad is to confirm the transaction total.)

Me: “Okay, sir, just say ‘yes’ to confirm the total on the signature pad and I’ll get you your receipt.”

(The screen on the pad has two buttons: one reading ‘yes’ and one reading ‘no.’ The customer leans down with his mouth close to the pad and shouts…)

Customer: “YES!”

The Punny Bone

| Related | November 3, 2013

(While decorating the house for Halloween, I accidentally tear a piece of skull off of a paper skeleton I’m hanging up. I tell my sister what happened.)

Sister: “How could you? The poor skeleton!”

Me: “Don’t skull-d me!”

Sister: “…no, [Name].”

Me: “Hey, no bones about it!”

Sister: “No. Just stop.”

Me: “Gosh, why are you being so sternum about this?”

Sister: “I just don’t find this very humerus. It doesn’t tickle my funny bone.”

Me: “Well, you receive the ulna-riffic for biggest killjoy!”

Sister: “Okay, that was a bit of a stretch.”

Me: “Hey. Stretch is a muscle pun! Get it right!”

Too Much Mothering

, | Learning | November 3, 2013

(I’m a temp at a bookstore at the local university with less than a week until classes start.)

Me: “Thank you for calling the text department; how may I help you?”

Caller: “Yes, do I have to be with my son when he picks up his textbooks?”

Me: “No, ma’am. If he ordered them online, he can pick them up at—”

Caller: “No, he hasn’t ordered them yet.”

Me: “Well, ma’am, if he has his class schedule, he can come in to the bookstore to get his books.”

Caller: “Are they ready for him?”

Me: “…excuse me?”

Caller: “Isn’t that what you do? You get all the students’ book lists and put their books together for them!”

Me: “No, ma’am. We’re just here to help if the student needs help.”

Caller: “So now I have to come in and get my son’s books?!”

Me: “No, ma’am. He can get his own—”

Caller: “You are a GROSS WASTE of my time!”

A Price For The Devil To Pay

| Right | November 3, 2013

Customer: “Excuse me, miss; could you help me?”

Me: “Sure, what do you need?”

Customer: “Could you change the price on this syrup? The unit price is $6.66, and I don’t want to buy the devil’s syrup.”

Me: “I don’t think we can change the price at the store level. And I’m not sure that’s a valid reason to change a price.”

Customer: “It doesn’t have to be much. Even just a penny would be fine. Could you ask your manager?”

Me: “Ma’am, I really don’t think we can change the price on a national brand item. We have other kinds of syrup that are just as good if the unit price of that brand bothers you.”

Customer: “No! I want that brand! I only eat that brand! And I want you to lower the price of that brand!”

Me: “Ma’am, I’m afraid I can’t do that.”

Customer: “I’m never shopping at this devilish place again! Everyone who works here is going to go straight to Hell for associating with the devil!”

Me: “Have a nice day, ma’am.”


Did you find this story using our Lucky Penny roundup?

Click here to get back to it!

Click here to see the next story!

Aimless Assimilating

| Working | November 3, 2013

(This happened when the ‘Star Trek Experience’ was open in Vegas. One of the gimmicks were they had actors dressed as the franchise’s iconic aliens walking around the hotel.)

Me: “Excuse me; my son is asking for a picture with the Borg drones that were in the lobby earlier. Do you know where they went?”

Receptionist: “Hmm, if they aren’t on the floor then they’re probably participating on one of the rides.”

Me: “Well do you know when they’ll be back? I mean are they on a rotation to come out, or do they just walk around aimlessly whenever they aren’t needed?”

(The receptionist gives me a funny look.)

Receptionist: “Sir, they’re the Borg. Walking around aimlessly is kind of what they’re known for.”

(I stare blankly for a moment.)

Receptionist: “Sorry, I just couldn’t let that one slip.”

Me: “No, no that was actually pretty good.”

(We eventually did manage to snag the drones after they reappeared, and specifically asked the receptionist to join us in the photo.)


This story is part of our ‘Star Trek’ roundup!

Read the next ‘Star Trek’ roundup story!

Read the ‘Star Trek’ roundup!