Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Archive for 2013

Jump to page:

Working The Dead Shift

| Working | November 11, 2013

(I’m a waitress at a local diner that has new owners. I’ve worked there for nearly three years, for the previous owners, without any issue. It is a few weeks after the new owners take over, and my best friend passes away suddenly. I call work to tell them I won’t be in the next day, as I have to take care of things until her family can arrive from out of state.)

Owner: “Wait, so you’re not coming in tonight?”

Me: “No. I mean, not tonight. I don’t work tonight. I work tomorrow, at 11. I won’t be in, though; I’m sorry. [Coworker] said she’d cover for me, though.”

Owner: “You can’t just miss your shift. You need a doctor’s note.”

Me: “I’m not sick. My best friend just died.”

(I’m clearly upset, and have been crying for hours.)

Owner: “Oh. Well, I’m sorry, but if you’re going to miss work, I’m going to have to write you up.”

Me: “What?”

Owner: “Yeah. I mean, you’re not really giving me any notice, here. I need at least three days.”

Me: “So… your policy is that I have to give you notice three days before someone dies?”

Owner: “Yes!”

(I found another job soon after. Some time later, I learned that the owners had to shut down because they’d run off all of their good help and loyal customers with their crazy ways!)

The Wonderful Tickle Of Oz

| Romantic | November 10, 2013

(For the past few days, I’ve tried to tickle my girlfriend, but she hasn’t laughed. One night after work, I barely touch her stomach and she reacts.)

Me: “Why is it that when I try to tickle you, you don’t respond, but when I don’t try, you freak out?”

Girlfriend: “Because!”

Me: “Because why?”

Girlfriend: “Because, because!”

Me: “Because, because why?”

Girlfriend: “Because, because, because!”

Me: “…because, because, because why?”

Girlfriend: “Because, because, because, because!”

Me: “…Because, because, because, because WHY?!”

(Suddenly, my girlfriend breaks out into song.)

Girlfriend:Because, because, because, because, becaaaaaaause! Because of the wonderful things he does! Bum-buh-buh-buh-buh-buh-buh-bum! We’re off to see the wizard, the wonderful Wizard of Oz!

Liars & Scammers Themed Giveaway Roundup

Right | November 10, 2013

Liars & Scammers Themed Giveaway Roundup! Here’s a final roundup of stories from last month’s themed giveaway!

  1. He’s The Best Actor Of The Bunch (3,379 thumbs up)
  2. Hasn’t Got A Leg To Stand On (2,068 thumbs up)
  3. Putting Your Son Into A Sweet Disposition (2,953 thumbs up)
  4. Some Like It Not Hot (2,521 thumbs up)
  5. Demanding Understanding (2,445 thumbs up)

PS #1: check out our Extras section, with pictures, videos, and news galore!

PS #2: Read more roundups here!

Bird Brained, Part 9

| Right | November 10, 2013

(I work in a pet store, and only one staff member is male. We also have a chatty Amazon parrot.)

Customer: “Excuse me?”

Me: “How may I help you?”

Customer: “Does the parrot say anything?”

Me: “Yes! He can say many things! Greetings and lots of random nonsense!”

(I wave at the parrot and he responds by saying ‘buh bye,’ and basically setting him off on a chatting rampage.)

Customer: “I thought you said it was a he?”

(I stare at the customer, somewhat confused.)

Me: “Excuse me?”

Customer: “Well… that’s clearly a woman’s voice!”

(I just stand there for a moment before explaining the principle behind parrots speaking. Needless to say, the customer was sort of embarrassed as he left.)

A New Season(ing) Of The Undead

| Romantic | November 10, 2013

(I am talking about my zombie preparedness plan. My girlfriend is a really bad runner, and also kind of clumsy, so she wouldn’t have much of a chance against the undead.)

Girlfriend: “If there was a zombie apocalypse, I would sprinkle myself with salt and pepper.”