Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Archive for August, 2012

Jump to page:

Even Old People Get Carded

| Related | August 25, 2012

(My dad’s side of the family is huge – he is one of ten kids and they all went on to have multiple kids. We attend a family reunion out at a lake my uncle owns, and everyone is invited. There ends up being around 250 people there. Oddly enough, as we pull into the parking area, we see a large car from the 1950’s parked in front of the boat ramp with two old people sitting in it. They are both smiling really big and sitting very still, and I wonder who they are and why there are sitting in the car. I go up to the car for a closer look, and am shocked to see that they aren’t people at all, but life-size cardboard cut-outs of two old people.)

Me: *to my aunt* “What’s up with the creepy cardboard people?”

Aunt: “Oh, that’s your dad’s great grandma and great grandpa. We thought they would want to be here if they were still alive, so we made copies of them. That’s their old car!”


This story is part of the Family Reunion roundup!

Read the next Family Reunion roundup story!

Read the Family Reunion roundup!

Popular Kids Can Leave You Incon-Soul-able

| Romantic | August 25, 2012

(My ex-boyfriend and I are with my best friend and her boyfriend. We are all walking around a county fair. Some popular girls from our school approach us.)

Popular girl: *to my best friend’s boyfriend* “Are you her boyfriend?” *motions to my best friend*

Best friend’s boyfriend: “Yes, why?”

Popular girl: “Well, I wanted to come over here to tell you I think you’re pretty hot.” *motions to my best friend again* “I hope you don’t mind!”

(The other popular girls begin to giggle.)

Me: *whispering to my ex-boyfriend* “Quick! Don’t look at them! They’ll steal your soul!”

(My ex-boyfriend throws hand over heart and gasps, and fakes his death by fainting dramatically. The popular girls stare and walk away.)

Ex-boyfriend: “Did it work? Are the soul stealers gone?!”

Name Blame Game, Part 2

| Romantic | August 25, 2012

(My husband and I are talking about what I might name my cat, which includes things like ‘Sharktopus’, ‘Pancho Villa’, ‘Darth Vader’, and Zoidberg.)

Husband: “You could name him Axel, like from Beverly Hills Cop.”

Me: “You’d better watch out if you don’t start giving me serious suggestions. I’ll name our kid Axel.”

Husband: “At least he’d have his own theme music.”

(Both of us hum the music from ‘Beverly Hills Cop’.)

Me: “Ooh, I could name him Harvey!”

Husband: “Deathstrike.”

Me: “Hmm. Harvey Deathstrike. Our kids are screwed.”

Husband: “Yeah. What would his sister’s name be? Destructo. Destroyer…”

Me: “Please stop now.”

Related:
Name Blame Game

Not Quite Registering

| Working | August 25, 2012

(A customer pays with a fifty dollar bill. Spotting it, the pharmacist on duty grabs his wallet and asks the cashier to give him the fifty for two twenties and a ten.)

Coworker: “I can’t do that!”

Me: “Why not? He’s giving you $50 for $50.”

Coworker: “But my till will be wrong!”

Me: “How? You take out the fifty, and put in two twenties and the ten. The totals are still the same.”

Coworker: “But I won’t have the fifty, and the register will KNOW!”

The Caste-mer Is Always Right

, , , | Right | August 25, 2012

(At our bookstore, we don’t employ cleaners; everyone pitches in, including the manager. At the end of one day, I am mopping the floor. There is still one customer browsing around after making purchases.)

Customer: “Hey, weren’t you my cashier?”

Me: “Yes, I was.”

Customer: “Then why are you cleaning? Where are your cleaners?”

Me: “No cleaners here; everyone pitches in.”

Customer: “Why? Only the lowest of people should be cleaning. You’re better than that.”

Me: “The manager does the cleaning, too.”

Customer: “That’s ridiculous! He’s the manager. No manager in their right mind would clean! I would never clean if I was a manager.”

Me: “Well, ours does. Do you have a problem with that?”

Customer: “Yes! I’m not coming back here again!” *storms out*