Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Archive for 2011

Jump to page:

Taking A Gamble

, , , , | Right | March 4, 2011

Customer: “Recommend the movie I am thinking of!”

Me: “Pardon?”

Customer: “You heard me. Are you deaf? Recommend the movie that I am thinking of!”

(I reach over and put my hand on her head.)

Customer:CASINO!”


This story is part of the Customers Expecting Mind-Readers roundup!

Read the next Customers Expecting Mind-Readers roundup story!

Read the Customers Expecting Mind-Readers roundup!

Provides A Pregnant Pause

, , , , , | Friendly | March 4, 2011

(I pass by two very young girls, roughly eight years old.)

Girl: *to her friend* “I just had my first child!”

(I stop in my tracks before realizing that the children in question are playing a demo of ‘The Game of Life’.)

A Stone’s Throw Away From Good Behavior

, , , , | Right | March 4, 2011

(I am babysitting for a woman who refuses to leave the house. I am outside while her children are playing. She is watching us from the window.)

Me: “[Child], don’t throw rocks. They’re painful.”

(When the child continues to throw the rocks at me, I take the rocks from him and put him in a time-out.)

Mother: *rushing out of the house* “Don’t punish my children! Who do you think you are?”

Me: “Ma’am, my employer requires me to give the children a time-out if they are doing anything dangerous.”

Mother: “Wait, what? I thought you were just here to play with my kids!”

Me: “Well, yes, babysitters usually do some sort of activity with the children.”

Mother: “Why would I hire a babysitter if I’m here?! Why did you come here?”

Me: “Ma’am, you called the company and asked them to send a babysitter to your house.”

Mother: “Don’t punish my children!”

(She chased me out of her yard with a duster. A few weeks later, she called again for a babysitter. She was going to court because a neighbor’s child was hit in the head with a stone.)


This story is part of the Babysitting roundup!

Read the next roundup story!

Read the roundup!


This story is part of our Terrible Parents roundup!

Read the next Terrible Parents story!

Read the Terrible Parents roundup!

Customers Can Stop You Cold

, , , | Right | March 4, 2011

Customer: “Ma’am, I think your frozen yogurt is expired.”

Me: “Really? What brand?”

Customer: “I don’t remember. But it tasted funny last night when I ate it.”

Me: “What was the expiration date?”

Customer: “Not until next month. But it tasted funny. After I put it in the microwave, it was liquid and warm.”

Me: “You put it in the microwave?”

Customer: “Yeah, it’s frozen yogurt! You have to heat it up!”


This story is part of the Microwave Oven roundup!

Read the next Microwave Oven roundup story!

Read the Microwave Oven roundup!

Patronising Patron

, , , | Right | March 3, 2011

Me: “Hi there. What can I get for you?”

Customer: “A black coffee and a bacon roll, please.”

Me: *repeating order as I write it* “Black coffee and a bacon roll. Okay!”

Customer: “Oh, well done.”

(I begin to write crispy under ‘bacon roll’ on the ticket.)

Customer: “Oh! I mean the bacon roll well done, not you!” *nervous laughter*

Me: “Of course! Extra crispy bacon.”

Customer: “Not that you aren’t doing a good job, of course! I just meant… you know. Thank you, and well done!”


This story is part of the Customers-That-Make-You-Want-To-Back-Up-themed roundup!

Read the next roundup story!

Read the roundup!