Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Archive for 2011

Jump to page:

Thumbing Up, Dumbing Down

, | Related | December 26, 2011

(My brother and I, who are six years apart in age, are seated together on a sky-lift at an amusement park while one vacation. A couple of teenagers — boy and girl cuddling — pass us going the other way. The teenage boy gives me a ‘bro nod,’ followed by a thumbs-up.)

Me: “Did you see that? That guy just gave you a thumbs-up.”

Brother: “What? Why?”

Me: “I think he thought we were together.”

Brother: “No way.”

Me: “I don’t know whether to be creeped out because he thought we’re dating, or flattered because I’m a thumbs-up.”

Out Of State, Out Of Mind, Part 2

, , | Related | December 26, 2011

(My brother has just came back from vacation in Virginia. Our sister-in-law, who is 20, sees him pull out cash to pay for the airport parking.)

Sister-in-law: “You switched your Virginia money back to Florida money already?”

 

Peace On Earth, Or At Least During The Day Shift

, , , , , | Right | December 26, 2011

(The store is open Easter Sunday. We only have three people on duty: two salesmen and myself.)

Customer: “Wow, I’m really surprised you’re open on Easter!”

Me: “Well, it doesn’t matter to us. I’m Muslim and my salesmen here are Jewish. We offered to work today so the other employees could celebrate the holiday.”

Customer: “And you all get along?”

Me: “Um… yes.”

Customer: “I didn’t think that was allowed!”


This story is part of the Easter roundup!

Read the next Easter roundup story!

Read the Easter roundup!

Hard Times Hit Hard

, , , , , | Right | December 26, 2011

(I’m stocking soup when a man approaches me.)

Customer: “Where’s your bacon bits?”

Me: *looking up* “Down at the end of this aisle, on the right, at the bottom.”

Customer: “Hold on… aren’t you [My Name]?”

Me: “Yes. Can I help you?”

Customer: “I’m [Customer’s Name]! We went to high school together. Wow, you sure must have had it rough, huh?”

Me: “Sorry?”

Customer: “Well, you know, all this time and you’re just stocking shelves…”

Me: “I’m the owner of this and two other stores. I went to business school for years and invested in the stock market.”

Customer: “Oh! Well, nice to see you again, then…”

(I found out later that he was a janitor.)

Not Having A Change Of Heart

| Romantic | December 26, 2011

(I have a couple of rare medical conditions, including acute muscle atrophy and a connective tissue disorder. They are not life-threatening, but can be frustrating at best.)

Boyfriend: “I love you.”

Me: “You just made my heart stop for a second. I love you, too.”

Boyfriend: “Wait, with your medical issues, do you only mean that figuratively?”

Me: “Figuratively. ‘Skip a beat’ would probably have been more appropriate.”