Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Archive for 2010

Jump to page:

If It Walks Like A Duck And Quacks Like A Fish

, , , , , , | Right | May 18, 2010

Customer: “I think my dog is allergic to this food I bought here.”

Me: “That’s too bad. Would you like to exchange it for another kind?”

Customer: “It’s the fish in it. I thought fish was good for dogs.”

Me: “It is unless they are allergic to it; every dog is different. Why don’t you try this one? It has duck in it.”

Customer: “Duck? Duck is fish!”

Me: “No, it’s not.”

Customer: “Well, what is it, then?”

Me: “Ducks are birds.”

Customer: “But they go in the water!”


This story is part of our Stupid Pet Owners roundup!

Read the next Stupid Pet Owners roundup story!

Read the Stupid Pet Owners roundup!

Like Father, Like Run

, , , , | Right | May 17, 2010

(A man brings in his father, who doesn’t speak a word of English.)

Customer: “Excuse me, how much are your rooms?”

Me: “Sir, we don’t have rooms here.”

Customer: “Oh, not your room, sorry. I mean, how much does it cost for you to take care of my father?”

Me: “Excuse me?”

Customer: “He has some issues and, frankly, I don’t think I want him around anymore.”

Me: “Sir, this is not a hotel or a nursing home.”

Customer: “This isn’t Social Services?”

Me: “No, this is [non-profit] Social Services, and we don’t offer what you’re looking for.”

Customer: “Look, how much is it going to cost me to leave here today without my father with me?”

Not So Sharp

, , | Right | May 17, 2010

(It is 2010.)

Caller: “Hi, I asked you to pierce my daughter’s ears earlier, but apparently you won’t do it. I think that’s unacceptable!”

(Note: the caller sounds about 14.)

Me: “Okay, I’m sorry about that. If I can just confirm some details with you, I’ll note it down and you can send her back in. Can I get her name and date of birth?”

(The caller confirms the name, and the date of birth as the 10th April 1996.)

Me: “And can I confirm your date of birth please?”

Caller: “The 12th, of September 1996.”

Me: “…1996?”

Caller: *hangs up*


This story is part of our Fake ID roundup!

Read the next Fake ID roundup story!

Read the Fake ID roundup!

Driven To Recession

, , , | Right | May 17, 2010

Me: “Hi, ma’am. Are you interested in buying a car?”

Customer: “What kind of car is this?”

Me: “This is the new [Model].”

Customer: “Wait! I haven’t seen one of those since the 1990s!”

Me: “Yes, our brand actually brought out a new–”

Customer: “So you have a car here from the 1990s, still have a new sticker price on it, and expect me to pay full price?”

Me: “Ma’am, it’s a new car.”

Customer: “Do you think I’m stupid? You people know nothing about the car business! Why would you openly advertise that you couldn’t sell a car for over ten years? That tells me you’re an awful business!”

Me: “But ma’am, it’s not a car actually from a decade ago. It’s a remake of that car. It was made this year.”

Customer: “Either you’re a liar or this car company is a joke! This is why the recession took place, because of this!”

See No Evil, Speak The Rest

, , , | Right | May 16, 2010

(An elderly customer is checking out.)

Customer: “How do I use this card?”

Me: “All you have to do is slide it through, then push the ‘debit’ button on the left.”

Customer: “Thanks. What does ‘PIN’ mean?”

Me: “Your PIN is the number that goes with your card. You just need to enter it in and hit the green button in the corner.”

Customer: “Okay, but turn around. I don’t need you stealing my money away.”

(I think she is joking, but she stares at me until I turn around. She then states each number in her pin out loud as she pushes the buttons.)

Customer: “You didn’t peek, did you?”


This story is part of the More-Customers-Bad-With-Money roundup! This is the last story in the roundup, but we have plenty of others you might enjoy!

23 Ridiculous Stories About Weird Customers You’ll Meet At The Bank

 

Read the next More-Customers-Bad-With-Money roundup story!

Read the More-Customers-Bad-With-Money roundup!