Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Archive for 2009

Jump to page:

Information Underload

, , , | Right | December 30, 2009

Me: “Okay, ma’am, just slide your card and either select credit or enter your PIN.”

Customer: “It says credit. This is a debit.”

Me: “I know, ma’am. Just enter your PIN for debit.”

Customer: “But it says credit!”

Me: “I know. Just put in your PIN like on any debit machine.”

Customer: “But the button on the screen says credit!”

(Seeing no end to this conversation, I put my hand over the screen and block her view of it.)

Me: “Okay, now enter your PIN.”

(She did so, and not surprisingly her groceries were paid for.)


This story is part of the Ignorant About Money roundup!

Read the next Ignorant About Money roundup story!

Read the Ignorant About Money roundup!

The Wedding Veil Of Secrecy

, , | Right | December 30, 2009

Me: “Thank you for calling [Bridal Store]. How can I help you?”

Customer: “Yes, I bought a bridesmaid’s dress from you a few days ago and I need to return it.”

Me: “Okay. Well, our dresses are non-returnable, but we could do an exchange, or I could give you store credit. May I ask why you need to return the dress?”

Customer: “The wedding was canceled.”

Me: “Okay, I’ll see what I can do. Can I have the bride’s name, please?”

(She gives me the bride’s name and I find that the bride hasn’t called to tell us the wedding is canceled.)

Me: “I’m looking at the information now, but it looks like the bride hasn’t told us the wedding is canceled.”

Customer: “Yeah… that’s because she doesn’t know yet.”


This story is part of the Wedding roundup!

Read the next Wedding roundup story!

Read the Wedding roundup!

A Wii Bit Confused

, , , , | Right | December 30, 2009

(A customer hands me a Wii accessory.)

Customer: “Do I need this?”

Me: “Not really. That’s up to you. How often do you play with your Wii?”

Customer: “Do I have a Wii?”

Me: “I don’t know; do you?”

Customer: “Oh…” *wanders off*


This story is part of the Bad-Gamer-Customer-themed roundup! This is the last story in the roundup, but we have plenty of others you might enjoy!

10 Times Gamer Girls Totally Had Enough Of The Toxic Male Gamers

 

Read the next Bad-Gamer-Customer-themed roundup story!

Read the Bad-Gamer-Customer-themed roundup!

Please Insert Coffee To Continue

, , | Right | December 29, 2009

(While working at the drive-thru, a customer puts in a lengthy order. Before I can tell him the price, he peels out, driving up to the window.)

Me: “That will be $21.54, please…” *I take his money* “May I please ask that you pull up just a bit? We’ll have someone run your order out to you as soon as it’s done.”

Customer: *blank stare*

Me: “Sir, can you please pull forward?”

Customer: “I don’t have my order yet.”

Me: “Sir, you had a large order. We’re going to get it for you, but some of what you asked for takes time. We’ll bring it to you. But we need to keep the line moving, too.”

Customer: *no response*

Me: “Sir?”

Customer: “Yes?”

Me: “Can you please drive up?”

Customer: “But I don’t have my order…”

(I tried to hand him the first tray of drinks, but he ignored them. Same thing for the sandwiches. In a last ditch effort, I handed him his coffee. He accepted the coffee but immediately drove off, leaving $18.46 in change, 4 sandwiches, and 3 frozen drinks. He never returned for the rest of his order.)

Dim Witted And Off The Deep End, Part 2

, , , , | Right | December 29, 2009

(A little boy is about to go off the high dive when I stop him. His grandmother, upset, approaches and questions me.)

Grandmother: “Why won’t you let my grandson swim?”

Me: “We don’t believe he is a strong enough swimmer to be safe in the deep end.”

Grandmother: “So can he just go off the high dive?”

Me: “No, if he went off the high dive, he would most likely drown.”

Grandmother: “Well, you are a lifeguard! Isn’t it your job to stop him from drowning? You are discriminating against my grandchildren! You lifeguards are just lazy!”


This story is part of the Swimming Pool roundup!

Read the next Swimming Pool roundup story!

Read the Swimming Pool roundup!