Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Archive for 2008

Jump to page:

It’s So Easy… Yet So Difficult

, , , , | Right | December 24, 2008

(I work for the online customer service branch of a major department store, answering questions via “live help.” The store has many older customers who often have trouble shopping online. The following is an online conversation I have.)

Customer: “Your site won’t let me get through!”

Me: “I’m sorry to hear that. Could you tell me what part of the site you were having an issue with?”

Customer: “It keeps telling me that I have the wrong password. I have my password!”

(I look up her password and use it on the site to make sure it works.)

Me: “I have tested your password and it appears to be working. Would you like me to send you an email with a copy of your password?”

Customer: “NO! I have my password! It says it right here on the screen, and I typed it just like it says.”

Me: *slightly confused as to why the customer’s password would be displayed* “What password do you see on the screen?”

Customer: “cAsE sEnsitIve! I typed it the exact way that it says here! ‘Your password is cAsE sEnsitIve’!”


This story is part of our Password roundup! This is the last story in the roundup, but we have plenty of others you might enjoy!

10 Stories About The Stupidest Tech Support Calls Ever

 

Read the next Password roundup story!

Read the Password roundup!

Santa Goes Psycho

, , , , | Right | December 24, 2008

(I am stocking Christmas ribbon with a coworker.)

Customer: “You two ladies look like you can help me.”

Me: “Sure, what do you want to know?”

Customer: “I’m looking for a tree.”

Me: “Okay, the trees are in the back of the store under the ‘Seasonal’ sign.”

Customer: “No, no. Let me finish. I want a tree; it’s circular, but it’s a tree, and it’s a circle, but it’s only a half-circle, but it’s a tree. Oh! And you hang it on your window, and it’s a tree, and a circle.”

Me & Coworker: “…”

Customer: “IT’S A TREE, AND IT’S A CIRCLE AND A TREE, AND YOU HANG IT ON YOUR WINDOW, BUT IT’S ONLY A HALF-CIRCLE, BUT IT’S A CIRCULAR TREE!”

Me: “Uh… a wreath?”

Customer: “NO, NO, WHAT THE F***?! IT’S A CIRCLE AND A TREE, AND IT’S A CIRCLE AND A HALF-CIRCLE, AND YOU HANG IT ON YOUR WINDOW!”

Me: “Um, I’m sorry, but I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

Customer: “YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT THAT IS?!”

Me: “No… sorry, sir.”

Customer: “Well, is there someone else in here that can help me?”

Coworker: “There are other people here, but with that description, I doubt anyone will be able to help you.”

Customer: “OH, WHAT THE F***?!”

(The customer storms off, but a moment later comes back.)

Customer: “Oh, by the way, do you sell Jello here?”

Me: “Um, no. We’re a craft store, not a grocery store.”

Customer: “Well, people use Jello for crafts.”

Me: “Uh, sorry.”

Customer: “SERIOUSLY! THEY HIRE F****** IDIOTS HERE!” *storms off… again*


This story is part of the Christmas Day roundup!

Read the next Christmas Day roundup story!

Read the Christmas Day roundup!

My Life Coach Went To Film [Processing] School

, , , , | Right | December 23, 2008

(A customer was picking up reprints from her film negatives. I observed this exchange:)

Customer: “This is the wrong picture!”

Co-worker: “Which one was it supposed to be?”

Customer: “Number 18.”

Co-worker: *looks at negatives* “That is number 18 from these negatives. Did you drop off the wrong ones?”

Customer: “No! I just gave them to your staff and told him to print this one. *pointing to number 18 on an index print card*

Co-worker: “Okay… these are the negatives you dropped off?

Customer: *loudly* “Well, how was I supposed to know they were the wrong ones? I can’t tell you how to do your job! I’m not in the back watching what your staff does!”

(Upon hearing this, the manager comes over)

Manager: “Is there a problem?”

Customer: “Yes! Your staff took the wrong negatives from me and printed the wrong photos! I can’t keep track of all my negatives… that’s your job!”

Manager: “So you’re saying that it’s our job to organize your negatives?”

Customer: “Yes!”

Manager: “No. We won’t come home with you and organize your negatives. It’s your responsibility to check that you’re dropping off the right negatives–”

Customer: *interrupting* “This is horrible customer service! I’m never coming back!”

Manager: *sarcastically* “Yes, it is our job to organize your life for you too.”


This story is part of the Unrealistic-Expectations roundup!

Read the next Unrealistic-Expectations roundup story!

Read the Unrealistic-Expectations roundup!


This story is part of the Awesome Manager roundup!

Read the next Awesome Manager roundup story!

Read the Awesome Manager roundup!

So That’s The Difference…

, , | Right | December 23, 2008

Me: “Ma’am, are you ready to order?”

Customer: “Yes… how many pieces come in the grilled chicken meal?”

Me: “It comes with one, but we can put on a second for $2 extra, no problem at all.”

Customer: “Okay, do that, then.”

Me: “Yes, ma’am. That comes with two sides, what would you like?”

Customer: “Just give me a double order of the steamed veggies, please. I’m a vegetarian.”

Me: *surprised* “All right, well, are you sure you want the chicken, then? It’s made of actual meat….”

Customer: *angrily* “I said I’m VEGETARIAN, not a d*** VEGAN!”

Me: “…yes, ma’am, my apologies.”

(I then retreat to the back to enter in her order. As I do so, the manager walks up.)

Manager: “You look annoyed; something wrong?”

Me: “Just wishing we served alcohol… I could use a shot.”


This story is part of our Vegetarian roundup!

Read the next Vegetarian roundup themed story.

Read the Vegetarian roundup!

Is There Anything That Guy Can’t Do?

, , , , | Right | December 23, 2008

Customer: “Do you have movie with Forrest Gump?”

Me: “Yes, we have the movie Forrest Gump; would you like me to tell you where it is?”

Customer: “No, I look for movie Forrest Gump where he gets big.”

Me: “Uhh… do you mean you’re looking for the movie ‘Big’ with Tom Hanks?”

Customer: “Not Tom Hanks, ‘FORREST GUMP’! ‘BIG’!”

Me: “…”