Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

D-Eye-Y

, , , | Right | June 12, 2012

(I am currently going through medical school and working at a nearby hardware store part-time to help pay the bills. As part of study, students have been given internships at various local hospitals. Note: New Zealanders pride themselves on their DIY skills.)

Customer: “Hey mate, I need some stuff to build a deck. Can ya help me find it?”

Me: “Certainly, what were you after?”

(As per our instruction, after recommending the tools and materials the customer would need, I am required to point out various safety gear as well. All has been going great so far…)

Me: “May I also recommend that you grab some safety glasses? They could save you a lot of trouble if things happen to go wrong.”

Customer: *suddenly hostile* “Look, mate, I don’t need any of this s***! I know how it needs to be done. Any real man does! If you were a real man, you’d know too. I ain’t paying for any s*** I don’t need!”

(He eventually leaves, but not before complaining to customer service about me. Three days later while working at the hospital as a medical student, I take the same customer’s history. The reason: he had a splinter lodged in the side of his eye. I wish I was making this up!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!