Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Cutting Down Those Who Cut In Line

, , , | Right | May 4, 2020

I work parking at a large music venue where we can see over 20,000 people, but this evening is a rap concert with a little over 15,000. The concert has just ended, so all 15,000 people are trying to leave at once and we are doing our best to direct traffic and control the lines.

I have three lines of cars taking turns turning onto the main road when suddenly a car goes around everyone else and makes her own line. I’m not having it, so I stand in front of her car and direct everyone else to go around. She then gets out of her car and starts to yell at me.

Customer: “I ain’t about to sit here all night because you’re standing in my way. You need to get out my way so I can leave.”

Me: “I’m sorry, but I just watched you cut everyone here, so you are going to stay here until I decide otherwise.”

She continues to cuss at me and yell at me.

Customer: “I’m going to have to whoop your a** if you don’t move.”

I’ve been at work for eleven hours, I’m tired, and I don’t like being disrespected, so I get loud.

Me: “Look here. You have three options. You can whoop my a** and go to jail. You can get back in your car and run me over… and go to jail. Or you can get back in your car and hope I let you out soon. Otherwise, you aren’t leaving.”

The customer starts yelling some more. I respond as loud as possible.

Me: “YOU WILL GET BACK IN YOUR CAR IMMEDIATELY OR I WILL MAKE SURE YOU ARE THE LAST CAR TO LEAVE THIS LOT!”

She finally backed down and got in her car. I let her leave after a few minutes, but all the other cars in earshot kept telling me, “Good job,” and, “Way to go,” as they left. I also told my boss to expect a complaint and I’ll accept the consequences because it was worth it.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!