Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Cut Throat Business

, , , , | Right | December 18, 2010

(A customer brings in his computer for service. While discussing his options, I mistakenly refer to a service that is twice as expensive as what he actually needs. He chooses a lesser service, signs his computer in, and leaves. After realizing the mistake, I find him still in the store.)

Me: “Sir, I just wanted to let you know that I misquoted the service, and we can actually do what you originally wanted, for the same price as the lesser service. I’m very sorry for the mistake.”

Customer: “Ah, that’s great! I’m glad I didn’t listen to the voice in my head.”

Me: “I’m sorry? What do you mean?”

Customer: “The voice told me to rip your throat out when you told me the first price.”

Me: *nervous laughter* “Well, now you get the service you originally wanted, and I get to keep my throat.”

Customer: *narrows eyes* “For now, yes.”


This story is part of the Even-Stranger-Customers roundup!

Read the next Even-Stranger-Customers roundup story!

Read the Even-Stranger-Customers roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!