Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Customers You Will Always Remember

, , , , | Right | January 8, 2020

(I am working the register at a large liquor store when a woman with a few items in her cart comes up. I give my standard greeting and start ringing up her items.)

Customer: “Do you guys have any deals going on?”

Me: “Yes, they’re all either marked with large signs on the endcaps or with hanging tags in the aisles.”

Customer: “Can’t you just tell me what they are?”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, but I don’t have all the sale items memorized.”

Customer: “What are you, new? I work retail, too, and I know my whole store’s inventory and all the sales.”

Me: *in my head* “Well, la-di-fricken-da, good for you!” *out loud* “Well, that’s very impressive, ma’am, but we have over 1000 SKUs, 100 of them or more can be on sale at any time, and the sales change weekly.”

Customer: “That’s no excuse for not knowing your products!”

Me: “I’m very sorry that I can’t help you, but even most of the managers here don’t know everything item or everything that’s on sale every week. Is there anything else I can help you with?”

Customer: “Learn your sales!” *storms out of the store*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!