Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

In Line With The Wine

| Working | September 10, 2013

(My best friend and I are customers at a very large store. It’s 12:55 am, and liquor sales end at 1 am. The cashier is ringing up our items, and stops at the bottle of wine. This isn’t the first time we’ve had troubles with this particular cashier.)

Cashier: “I can’t sell this to you. We can’t sell alcohol after 1 am.”

Me: “But… it’s not 1 am yet. We have a few minutes.”

Cashier: “Nope, register says 1 am. Can’t sell it to you.”

Best Friend: “Uh, no, your register shows 12:56. So can you please ring us up and stop wasting time?”

Cashier: “Look lady; it’s past 1 am. I CAN’T sell it to you!”

Customer Behind Us: “Just ring up the god-d*** wine, and stop wasting everyone else’s time. None of these clocks show 1 am yet. Stop being a difficult b**** and just give these girls their wine!”

(The cashier huffs and glares at the other customer, and waits until 12:59 on the dot to ring up the wine. She made everyone stand there for another few minutes! We didn’t get the manager, but we’ve never seen her there again!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!