Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Customers Have Thin Shells

| Right | January 12, 2017

(I work at a popular discount store. We have a deal going on where you can get 18 medium eggs for one dollar so people have been buying two or three cases at a time. One customer comes up with three cases.)

Me: *opens first case, checks eggs, scans, and puts it in a bag. Does it again with the second. Opens the third, and notices one egg looks cracked so I gently nudge it to look closer*

Customer: “Are you touching my food?”

Me: *stops* “Oh, I apologize, ma’am. This one egg looked cracked but—” *nudges it again* “—it seems to be just a mark.”

Customer: “I can’t believe you’re touching my food. I eat that, you know? When was the last time you washed your hands?”

Me: “I apologize ma’am, but I wanted to make sure none of the eggs were broken before you purchase them.”

Customer: *becomes angrier* “No! I want another case! You’re touching my food with nasty hands! How am I supposed to eat it now?”

Me: *confused* “Ma’am, I didn’t realize you ate the shell.”

Customer: *fumes, throws down her money, and walks out with all three cases*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!