Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Customers Give You Crabs

, | Right | November 26, 2013

(I am working drive-thru. The customer I get sounds drunk, but I don’t think too much of it until he gets to the window. The customer is in the rear seat of the car; the driver is sober.)

Me: “Good evening. Your total is [total].”

Customer: “Okay… so that’s… uh…”

(The customer stares at the money in his wallet for a moment, before handing me a wad of bills.)

Me: “Alright, here’s your change and your recei—”

(I turn to hand the customer his change, to see that he now has a large brown paper bag on his lap. He looks at me, then reaches in the bag and pulls out a crab covered in Old Bay seasoning.)

Customer: “D’you want a crab?”

Me: “Er… no, thanks.”

Customer: “You sure? They’re really good!”

(The customer tries to hand me the crab anyway.)

Me: “I’m sorry. We’re not allowed to take tips.”

Customer: “Awww… that sucks. Well, you have a nice night.”

Me: “Here’s your change. You have a good night, too!”

(Later, my coworkers ask what took so long. They couldn’t believe he’d offered me crabs! Probably because we all were wondering what he was doing getting fast food when he had something better!)


This story is part of the second Drive-Thru roundup!

Read the next second Drive-Thru roundup story!

Read the second Drive-Thru roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!