Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not-So-Smart-Phone, Part 14

| Working | February 21, 2014

(I’m working front desk at a hotel when I see two cabs pull up in front of the hotel at the same time. The first cab has no passenger in it, but the driver get out and opens the back door, suddenly looking very confused. The second cab unloads a passenger and her suitcase from the backseat. She says something to the first driver as she’s walking in. The first driver suddenly looks embarrassed, jumps back in his cab, and drives away quickly. The woman is laughing as she comes in the door.)

Me: “Welcome to [Hotel]. How can I help you?”

Woman: “Did you see that guy! We followed him all the way from the airport! He was in the front of the taxi queue when I got there but the whole time he was supposed to be helping me he was on his phone. Even when I tried to tell him where I was going he didn’t get off his stupid phone! Finally I got his attention enough to tell him the address here but then he just sat there talking. So I got out and got in the cab behind him. Apparently he didn’t hear me because he came all the way here without noticing I got out!”

(It’s about 30 miles from the airport to our hotel, making it a $50 cab fare. The guy drove the whole trip with no passenger because he was so distracted on his phone!)

 

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!