Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Customers Can Be Racist, Ageist, Homophobic, And Transphobic, And Some Can Be All Of Them

, , , , | Right | June 3, 2019

(I’m wiping down tables and cleaning the lobby. My coworker is African American and very tall. He’s working the registers. I’m short and about eight months pregnant, and I look high-school age.)

Customer: “Sir, can you get someone to help me? I don’t trust you with my order.”

Coworker: “Ma’am, I can take your order.”

Customer: “No, you can’t. Your ‘kind’ rarely have a high school education. You’ll steal my identity!”

Coworker: *sigh* “[My Name], can you come handle this transaction?”

Me: “How can I help you, ma’am?”

Customer: “I will not have a high school dropout whore handle my information, either! Get me someone else!”

Me: “Ma’am, I’m not in high school, and I’m quite happily married. How may I help you?”

(She ignores me and looks around, seeing my manager in the back. My manager is Hispanic, transgender from male to female, and from the back she doesn’t look like it with her gorgeous long hair.)

Customer: “Get me your manager! That manager right there! She should be able to help me! She obviously has her life together!”

Manager: *in an obviously male voice* “How can I help you, ma’am?”

Customer: “Abominations! Abominations, all of you! Get me your highest manager, right now! I demand I have a decent person who can take my order!”

(My GM has seen everything on the security monitors, and my manager goes and explains everything to him.)

Manager: “Ma’am, he’ll be out shortly.”

General Manager: *with a “gay” accent* “How can I help you, darling?”

Customer: *running out, pushing me over in the process* “Abominations! Every one of you! Abominations!”

(I went into premature labor, thanks to her, and had a healthy baby girl! I found out later that the same woman was arrested the same day in my fast food restaurant; she came in while my GM was giving the police officers her information for attacking me.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!