Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Customer Service Is Over(reaction)

| Right | August 21, 2014

(In the restaurant I work in we’re allowed to talk back to the customer if they’re being out of line. We’re open late, so a large portion of our customers are well past drunk. This occurs on an otherwise slow Sunday night.)

Me: “Hi, what can i get for you?”

Customer: “I want some chicken tenders and some fries. Do you have something like that?”

Me: “Sure, you can get the combo platter for [price], unless you want a side of sauce. Then it’ll be a bit more.”

Customer: *heavy sigh* “How much is a side of sauce in this f****** dump?”

Me: *instantly irritated because I’ve been nice so far* “Excuse me? Did you just call my store a f****** dump?”

Customer: *stares blankly at me*

Me: “You can leave now.”

Customer: “Why? I was just kidding.”

Me: “It didn’t sound like you were kidding when you insulted my place of business. It also wasn’t even remotely funny, so I don’t know how you could consider that kidding.”

Customer: “But I was just kidding. I really want the food.”

Me: “So you want to insult me, and then have me smile and serve you? No. It’s not gonna happen. You and your friends can leave any time now.”

Customer: “Why?”

Me: “Because I don’t appreciate your attitude, and I don’t want to serve you. Did I call you f****** ugly?”

Customer’s Friend: “That’s uncalled for!”

Me: “Why? I was just kidding. That makes everything better, doesn’t it?”

(They ended up leaving, looking confused as to why I was upset. The other customers were laughing at them as they left. I told the owner of the store about it the next day. He just laughed.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!