Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Customer Has Much Room For Improvement

, , , , | Right | April 26, 2019

(A guest approaches the front desk of the hotel where I work.)

Guest: “I need to change rooms!”

Me: “Oh, I’m sorry. Which room are you in?”

Guest: “220. It’s much too small! I need a bigger room!”

Me: “Ah… Well, I’m afraid that all of our rooms are the same size. There aren’t any that are larger.”

Guest: “No, I stayed in room 315 last month, and it was much bigger!”

Me: “315 has a single King bed. 220 has two Queen beds. Same size room, just with different furniture. If you want, I can change you to a single King room…”

Guest: “No, I need the two beds. I just need a bigger room!”

Me: “Unfortunately, we don’t have any larger rooms.”

Guest: “Well, what do you have that is bigger?”

Me: “Um… As I just said, we don’t have any larger rooms.”

Guest: “Well, can you move me to the top floor, then? The rooms are bigger up there.”

Me: “Yes, I can move you, but the rooms are still the same size.”

Guest: “Do you have any that are the same size as 315? Only not on that side of the building.”

Me: “I can put you in 320, the room directly above yours.”

Guest: “No, that’s going to be the same size as the one I’m in.”

Me: “They’re all that size. As I have been telling you.”

Guest: “Well, put me someplace else, then.”

Me: “I don’t have any other rooms that are on the third floor, have two Queen beds, and are on that side of the building. 320 is the only one.”

Guest: “No, I don’t want that room. When will one of the other rooms be available?”

Me: “There aren’t any other rooms. That is the only room. 320 is the only other room that has what you want.”

Guest: “Is it bigger than the one I am in?”

Me: “It is the same size.”

Guest: “But I need a bigger room!”

(I later found out that the manager had had practically the same exact conversation with the guest, six hours earlier. She additionally demanded a cheaper rate from him for getting “the smallest room in the hotel.” She is staying with us for an entire month. Please help.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!