Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Customer Disservice

| Working | February 6, 2014

(I have a customer who has purchased a computer but decides she wants a specific support package. The package is 50% off with a purchase of a new computer. Tech support can’t process returns so I ask customer service for help.)

Me: “Customer service, can you process a return so she can repurchase this with the support package and the discount?”

Customer Service: “Ah, you don’t have to. Just sell her the support package and change the price on it. It’ll work out.”

Me: “You sure?”

Customer Service: “Yeah. If you can’t do it the system won’t let you. Don’t worry.”

Me: “Okay…”

(I ring up the support package at 50% off for the customer. The next day…)

Supervisor: “[MY NAME]! WHY DID YOU RING THIS UP FOR HALF PRICE?”

Me: “Customer Service told me to do it that way.”

Supervisor: “Thanks for the shrinkage!” *glares*

(That’s when I realized that the customer service worker did it on purpose. Having me written up for shrinkage was easier than doing a return properly.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!