Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Currently, They Cannot See Currency, Part 2

| Right | May 10, 2013

(One of our self-serve machines is currently unable to accept or dispense any cash. There are four signs on the machine stating this. We have four other machines that are working fine and can accept cash. A customer walks straight up to the machine with signs on it, ignoring the four other vacant machines.)

Me: “Excuse me, ma’am; I am just letting you know that these machines are EFT only. They can’t accept cash.”

(The customer brushes me off.)

Customer: “Yes, yes, whatever.”

(At the end of her transaction, she yells at me to attend to her.)

Me: “Yes, ma’am, what seems to be the problem?”

Customer: “Where do you put the coins?”

Me: “This machine is EFT only. It is unable to accept cash.”

Customer: “Yes, but where do I put the coins?”

(I talk a little bit slower.)

Me: “This machine can not accept cash.”

Customer: “So where do I put the coins?”

Me: “Would you like me to move you to another machine, as this one will not take any cash?”

Customer: “No, it’s fine. I’ll pay with my card. You really should put signs up, or tell people they can’t pay with cash, though.”

(I looks at the four signs individually, and then back to the customer.)

Me: “You’re right. Signs on the machine might help. Or I should start telling customers when they walk up to the machine.”

Customer: “Yes, you should! It would have saved me a lot of time and hassle!”

 

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!