Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Culinary Confusion

, , , , | Right | January 28, 2009

(I was working at the concessions stand taking someone’s order, when a man walks up and cuts in line.)

Customer: “Hey, why does this theater look so run down?”

Me: “Uh… well, it is kind of old, but as you can see from the sign we are renovating.”

Customer: “Oh. Can I get a popcorn then? Is it fresh?”

Me: “Sir, you just cut in line. I’m sorry, but you’ll have to get back in line if you want service.”

Customer: “Oh. Okay.”

(He pauses, but doesn’t move from his place beside me at the counter. I finish my transaction and clear up the line, and he’s still standing there.)

Customer: “So… what’s up with those corn dogs?”

Me: “What?”

Customer: “Those corn dogs. What’s wrong with them?”

Me: *looking around, utterly confused* “Uh… the hot dogs? I don’t see anything wrong with them.”

Customer: “No, the corn dogs! They look awfully… green, don’t they?”

Me: *following his eyes* “Sir… I think you’re talking about the pickles.”

Customer: “Oh… that’s what they are? Could have fooled me.”

Me: “…”


Did you find this story using our Movie Theater Concessions roundup?

Click here to get to the next story!

Click here to get back to the roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!