Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Crushed Ice Crushes Dreams

, , , , | Right | May 4, 2023

A man comes through the drive-thru, bypassing the menu and the speaker that you order from. A little confused, I open the window.

Customer: “Two green tea lattes.”

I steam the milk perfectly, add the matcha green tea powder, stir it up, and walk to the window with the drinks. He looks at me, and I can already see the rage building.

Customer:I wanted these cold!

Me: *Politely* “That’s not a problem; I’ll make those over for you.”

I make him two iced green tea lattes, and they’re made even more quickly than the first two drinks. I hand him the new drinks. I can practically see steam coming out of his ears, and it looks like he’s ready to jump out of his car and fight me.

Customer: “This is the wrong drink! Again! I want it with crushed ice!”

We don’t have crushed ice; he clearly wants a Frappuccino.

Me: *Somehow calmly* “Sir, you ordered a latte, which is just ice, milk, and green tea, and a Frappuccino is the blended drink that you want. It’s no problem making it again for you.”

Customer: “ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT I ORDERED THE WRONG DRINK?”

Me: “Yes, but it’s okay; it’s a very common mistake. Just so you know for the future, you should probably order a Frappuccino.”

The guy looked at me like I was f****** with him. I shrugged my shoulders and made him his drinks, and he drove away, silently fuming. The guy wound up being in the drive-thru for about ten minutes, which in drive-thru time equates to roughly six years.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!