Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Crime Can Be A Vicious Cycle

| Right | October 21, 2014

(A couple of weeks ago the bicycle that I had owned since I was eight years old was stolen, right outside my shop. I was at work at the time and the CCTV we have can’t pin the culprit as he was in a blind spot. The police have been as unsuccessful as well. As my only method of transport, I have to go by foot which takes 40 minutes. I’m behind the counter one day, when…)

Customer: “Excuse me, can I park my bicycle in here? Some guy got his stolen the other week so I don’t want to take any chances.”

Me: “Sure, just park it up by the counter and I’ll—”

(Before I can finish, the customer brings the cycle — MY CYCLE — in and rests it against the counter.)

Me: “—k-keep an eye on it for you.”

(The second the customer turns around the corner, I’m on the phone to my manager to ring the police. When he comes out of the office he notices the cycle and is just as baffled as me.)

Manager: “What’s going on here?”

Me: “A gentlemen just came in with this. He’s gone into the produce aisle but I’m certain that he’s the thief.”

Manager: “Right. You stay here. I’ll speak to him.”

(Without another word, my now-furious manager had rounded the corner and gone to have a word with the gentlemen in question. Not a second later I could hear swearing at the top of the gentlemen’s lungs as he came running down the same aisle and reached for my bike. My instinct kicked in and I held on to the back wheel as much as I could as he shouted for me to ‘f*****g let go’. He gave up sooner than anticipated as my manager charged at him, so he sprinted for the door. However, the police were waiting outside for him, and in a flurry of swearwords the crook was brought to the ground and arrested there and then. How did I know it was my bicycle? The dingus had forgotten to remove my water bottle which was attached to the frame and had my name on it! I guess crime doesn’t pay!)


This story is part of our Bicycle roundup!

Read the next Bicycle roundup story!

Read the Bicycle roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!