Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Credit Where It’s Due… And It Isn’t

, , , , | Working | August 27, 2021

Finance has given everyone a talking down to about how they treat the company credit cards. People have been buying non-work-related items, repeatedly losing the cards, and not signing the back of the cards, which can lead to more fraud and losses.

Someone from finance has come around to make sure they are all signed. [Coworker], who sits next to me, huffs and puffs about getting her card; clearly, she didn’t sign it.

Coworker: “I don’t see what the big deal is.”

Finance Rep: “If you don’t sign it, someone could find it and sign their own signature, meaning they could use it to buy whatever they wanted.”

Coworker: “But how likely is that?”

Finance Rep: “This is, what, your fifth card due to loss?! I would say it is pretty likely.”

Coworker: “Fine! Look! I’m signing it. See?!”

[Coworker] signs her card in block capitals, making it so easy to forge.

Finance Rep: “I’m going to have to have a word with my boss.”

[Coworker] got her card revoked, meaning she had to make a claim for everything she bought, which is a massive pain of paperwork. She moaned and wailed about how the finance team “didn’t understand money,” all while putting through things she shouldn’t be claiming for in the first place.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!