Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Crazy Or Lazy?

, , , , , | Right | December 14, 2019

(I work at the fine jewelry counter at a department store. We are not allowed to ring up non-fine jewelry items but when customers ask I politely direct them to the checkout about three yards away. A middle-aged woman approaches.)

Me: “Hello, how can I help you?”

Customer: “I’m buying this purse.” *tosses purse on the counter*

Me: “Unfortunately, I can only ring up fine jewelry at this counter, but there’s a checkout right behind you where you can get rung out.”

Customer: “No, I just came from there. No one is over there. I’m in a rush! This is ridiculous; this is why [Store] is going out of business!”

(I look over and see three of my coworkers standing by the registers.)

Me: “Ma’am, I see three people over there right now; they can ring you out in no time at all.”

(The customer finally turns around and is staring right at the checkout.)

Customer: “Where? I don’t see anyone over there.”

(A fine jewelry regular stops by to pick up a ring she sent to get polished.)

Me: “Ma’am, the counter right in front of you. My coworkers are right there and there isn’t a line so they can ring you out right away.”

Customer: “That’s what I told you! There is no one over there! You will all be fired! [Store] will go bankrupt!” *wanders over to the checkout and slams her purse onto the counter on top of my coworker’s hand*

(At this point, security comes and escorts her out of the store.)

Regular: “I’ve been shopping here for over forty years, and everyone has always provided me with amazing service. Some people are just crazy.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!