Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Crayon And On And On

, , , | Related | April 25, 2016

(I have taken my three-year-old son to visit his grandmother (my mother) for the first time.)

Mother: *to my son* “Hello, I’m your grandma. I have lots of toys in that room over there.” *points to the guest room* “Do you like to color?”

Son: “Yes.”

Mother: “I have a huge box of crayons and some paper on the desk.”

(My son runs off to the guest room to draw.)

Mother: “I found some antiques in the storage room I would like to give you.”

Me: “Thanks, we really need furniture right now.”

(My mom takes me to the storage area.)

Mother: “The stuff in that corner is for you.”

(She gives me a box of family heirlooms (mostly war memorabilia), a bed frame, a table and chairs, and an antique TV. On closer inspection, I notice that the screen of the television has been drawn on with crayon.)

Me: “This stuff is really cool, but what happened to the TV?”

Mother: “What are you talking about?”

(I show her.)

Mother: “I’m so sorry. I completely forgot about that. I must have been [Son]’s age when I did that; maybe a little older.”

(I put the antiques in my car and go into the guest room to check on my son. Literally everything in the room is covered in crayon: furniture, the floor, walls, doors, windows, and somehow THE CEILING.)

Me: “[SON], YOU ARE IN BIG TROUBLE!”

Mother: “What happened?”

(She walks into the guest room.)

Mother: “Oh, my god! It’s a good thing I bought washable crayons.”

(I put my son in time out while my mother and I clean up.)

Mother: “I think the universe is punishing me for destroying my parents’ TV.”


This story is part of our Crayon Roundup!

Read the next Crayon Roundup story!

Read the Crayon Roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!