Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Crashed Diet, Part 2

| Right | June 11, 2015

(I am a concessions worker at a local baseball stadium. While the majority of our customers are very polite, one woman is known to be difficult. Today, she is complaining about our ice cream selections, which have been the same for the past four years.)

Customer: “Is your ice cream low carb?”

Me: “I’m sorry, but the ice cream is not low carb. We do have sugar-free Italian ice at the stand behind you.”

(Note: The Italian ice stand is roughly ten feet away and clearly visible.)

Customer: “I really don’t want to walk that far today. It’s a hot day, you know. I just want low carb ice cream!”

Me: “I apologize, but we do not serve low carb ice cream.”

Customer: “But I had it last time! It was here, and now you won’t sell it to me!”

Me: “Ma’am, I have worked here for the past eight months, and I assure you that we have never sold low carb ice cream. We have carried the same three flavors since the stadium opened. Now, if you would like to order something else, I would be happy to get it for you. Otherwise, please step to the side and let another customer order.”

Customer: *sighs exaggeratedly* Fine! I guess I’ll just have to get something ELSE, because you don’t have any ICE CREAM!”

Me: “If you’d like another low carb option, we do have a—”

Customer: “I’ll have a large funnel cake with whipped cream and fried Oreos. Oh, and a salted pretzel. With cheese!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!