Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Crafty With Their Helpfulness

, , , , | Right | April 27, 2018

(I work in a popular craft store as a cashier. The cashiers are all versions of customer service, doing returns and answering the phone, as well. On a particularly slow day in February, I get an interesting call.)

Me: *answering the phone* “[Store] in [Location]. This is [My Name] speaking. How may I help you?”

Caller: “Hi, what store is this?”

Me: “Um, [Store].”

Caller: “Okay, so, what kind of establishment is this, then?”

Me: “I’m sorry, I don’t understand what you mean by that.”

(I think the caller is asking what sort of building we are.)

Caller: “What kind of store are you?”

Me: “A craft store.”

Caller: “What sort of stuff do you sell?”

Me: “Crafts and crafting supplies.”

Caller: “So, would you sell remote controlled cars?”

(Earlier in the year, around Christmas season, we sold remote controlled helicopters, but I have never heard of us, or any competitor, selling remote controlled cars.)

Me: “No, but we have model cars. If you want a remote controlled one, I’d recommend [Large Chain Store that sells everything] that is right across the parking lot.”

Caller: “Do you have their number, then?”

Me: “No, but I’m sure you could easily find it.”

Caller: *suddenly very angry* “You’re absolutely no help at all!” *hangs up*


This story is part of our Crafting Roundup!

Read the next Crafting Roundup story!

Read the Crafting Roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!