Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Courting Disaster

, , , | Right | November 9, 2014

(It’s my first day working at my new career. I just graduated college and my boss asked me to call a client and remind them that their sentencing is tomorrow. It’s the Thursday prior to Memorial Day weekend. This is my first client call:)

Me: “Hi, this is [My Name] from [Law Office]. I’m calling to remind you that your sentencing is tomorrow at 1:00 pm. [Lawyer] asks that you meet him in front of the courthouse at 12:45 pm or so.”

Client: “Oh! Well, I don’t think I can make it.”

Me: “What?”

Client: “Yeah, um, I don’t think I can make it. I just gassed up my motorhome and I’m leaving for Memorial Day tomorrow morning.”

(I was completely floored and not sure what to do. It’s court, not a choice. Do I explain that she’s going to have a warrant if she doesn’t show? I told her I would talk to my boss and get back to her. He ended up calling her. She did show up for court.)


Did you find this story using our Memorial Day roundup?

Click here to read the next story!

Click here to get back to the roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!