Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Coupon Is Off

| Right | July 9, 2014

Customer: “I want to use this Groupon for my massage today; your manager said I could.”

(I look at the Groupon and it is for a competitor. I explain this to her.)

Customer: “Well, your manager said I could use this…”

(I call the manager who says that she claimed it was expired, not for a completely different store.)

Me: “Ma’am, I spoke with my manager and he agreed to let you use an expired Groupon, not one for a completely different location.”

Customer: “This is f****** ridiculous!!! I’m calling the BBB and putting you on Facebook!”

Me: “Well, ma’am. I’m so sorry but I cannot allow you to use this but I can give you our member rate today and give you a free half hour massage on your next visit which is $80 in savings.”

Customer: “But I already paid for this Groupon and I WANT TO USE IT NOW!”

Me: “I understand your frustration, ma’am, but I cannot allow you to use this at this clinic as it is not for our store but for our competitors.”

Customer: “Well you just don’t want me to come in here. You hate people like me don’t you? You’re racist!”

(I am confused as both the customer and I are white.)

Me: “Ma’am, I’m going to need you to watch your language and calm down. Again, I cannot let you use this at this store but I can offer you up to $80 in savings and you will be paying less than you originally paid for the Groupon.”

Customer: “No! I ALREADY PAID FOR THIS F****** THING! I’M GOING TO THE BBB AND PUTTING YOU ON FACEBOOK! YOU PEOPLE ARE WORTHLESS AND EVIL!”

Me: “Ma’am, can I ask you just one question? Do you get mad when you go to Walmart and they don’t let you use Target Gift Cards?”

Customer: “…”

Me: “…”

Customer: “Oh… well… just, NEVERMIND, YOU HEATHEN!”

(The customer walked out and never did get her massage. I also never heard from the BBB or corporate about being ‘blasted’ on Facebook.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!