Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Counting Down To When This Customer Leaves

| Right | February 23, 2017

Me: “Your total is $15.85.”

(Customer hands me $100 bill. Since it’s two am all I have is small bills, so to avoid confusion from the customer and to cover myself for the camera, I count the change out onto the counter.)

Me: “And your change is $84.15.”

Customer: “Why does everyone count change backward?”

Me: “What do you mean?”

Customer: “You should start with the change and count up to the next dollar amount, then count up to the amount of the bill I gave you. Then you’ll never be wrong.”

Me: “Well, I know how much change to give you so there’s no reason for me to do that. I gave you the correct change. Would you like a receipt?”

Customer: “I don’t need a receipt, but you should always count up. Then you’ll never be wrong.”

Me: “Even if I didn’t know how to add and subtract myself, the computer tells me how much change to give. I gave you the correct change.”

Customer: “But the girl at some other place gave me the wrong change once, so you should always do it this way so you’ll never be wrong.”

Me: “But I wasn’t wrong.”

(The customer stands there arguing with me for ten minutes that even though I gave him the correct change, I counted it wrong.  Finally I just stopped responding and just gave him a blank stare until he stopped talking.)

Me: “Have a nice day; we’ll see you next time.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!