Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Could Get Those Balloons Filled With Their Hot Air Alone

, , , , , | Working | June 27, 2018

(I’m at a dollar store to order some balloons for a party next week. I stand by the balloon ordering area and wait for someone to come and help me. The manager keeps glaring at me and continuing her conversation with a friend, to the point that I am uncomfortable and wondering why she’s so angry with me. After five minutes, she figures out that I’m not leaving, and stomps over to me.)

Me: “I’d like to order some balloons, please.”

Manager: *practically yelling at me* “How many?!”

Me: “Five.”

(She gets an angry look and starts ranting at me.)

Manager: “If you need more than three balloons, you have to give advance notice! I can’t just stop and—”

Me: *interrupting* “I don’t need them until next week.”

(Her demeanor completely changes, and is all smiles.)

Manager: “Of course! Thank you so much for giving notice; no one does that. I just had someone come in trying to get 30 balloons filled, and I don’t have time for that!”

(She gestured around at the store, which was empty except for one cashier checking out one customer. The whole time I was ordering balloons, she complained about how unreasonable other customers are. I get that customers are rude when they get refused, but maybe don’t start out by being openly hostile to anyone ordering balloons?)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!