Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Cop An Attitude

| Friendly | October 24, 2014

(I work security at several low income housing developments. The officer that I replaced had quit because he had been hired on to the city’s police department, after years as security at this one particular development. The officer gets a call for a disturbance at [Address]. He pulls up in the big white car with words ‘Police Department’ on the side, and the obnoxiously bright blue lights on top. Of course, after years in the community, he knows everyone there. The officer walks up to the loudest of the troublemakers.)

Officer: “[Resident], can you tell me what exactly is going on?”

Resident: “Get the f*** out of here, security! Mind your own f****** business.”

(At this point, everyone else involved can foresee what is about to happen, and wants absolutely no part in the consequences, and begins to slowly back away!)

Officer: “[Resident], I asked if you could please tell me what’s going on.”

Resident: “Get out of here, Security, before I f*** you up!” *walks over and tries to strike [Officer]*

(The officer easily avoids the blow, performs a controlled take-down, cuffs Resident, and begins walking Resident to the very obvious police car. Understanding suddenly dawns on the dim-witted troublemaker.)

Resident: “Wait. You’re a cop?!”

Officer: *as he puts the resident in the car* “Yes, and now you are under arrest for not only ‘public disturbance,’ but ‘assaulting a police officer,’ and ‘resisting arrest.'”

(Needless to say, everyone else was an open book about the incidents of the night.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!