Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Cooking Up Fresh Fierce Hairdos Daily

, , , | Right | May 29, 2012

(The restaurant I work at is rather unimaginatively named after the street where we are located. There is an equally unimaginatively named salon just a block away from us. We get calls for them often enough that we posted their number next to our phone so we can give it to customers who called by accident.)

Me: “[Restaurant], how can I help you?”

Caller: “I’d like to schedule a haircut and color for tomorrow.”

Me: “I’m sorry, this is [Restaurant], not the salon. I have their number right here if you’d like to take it down.”

Caller: “No, no, no! I don’t want a restaurant. I want to schedule a haircut.”

Me: “Yes, ma’am, but I’m afraid you have the wrong number. The salon’s number is—”

Caller: “NO! I want to schedule a hair cut.”

Me: “Ma’am, I understand that, but I’m afraid I can’t do that for you. This is a restaurant.”

Caller: “I don’t understand why you can’t just make an appointment for me! I want to speak with your manager!”

Me: “I’m afraid my manager is unavailable at the moment.”

Caller: “Fine! I’ll just come in first thing tomorrow for a walk-in. Expect me to talk with your manager then!”

Me: “You do that, ma’am. Have a nice evening.”

Caller: *click*

(Our manager actually got a call from the extremely amused salon manager the next day. Apparently, she had to promise to “fire” me as the woman would not believe that she had called the wrong number!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!