Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Congratulations, It’s A Boo-Boo

| Working | March 20, 2013

Coworker: “Excuse me, [boss]; could I possibly leave an hour early tomorrow?”

Boss: “Why do you need the time off?”

Coworker: “I have to take my girlfriend to the doctor.”

Boss: “What?! Really?!”

Coworker: “Yes, she’s fine, but they want to see her.”

Boss: “Okay then. You can take the whole day off tomorrow!”

Coworker: “What? I only need an hour off, not the whole day.”

Boss: “No, I insist. You need to be there for your girlfriend during these times.”

Coworker: *confused* “Well, okay, if you insist.”

(As directed by our boss, my coworker takes an entire day off. He returns the day after that to find the office decorated with balloons, party decorations, and banners that read “Congratulations to our Future Dad, [Coworker]!” Our boss has even prepared a bunch of snacks for this occasion.)

Boss: “There’s our main man!” *pats coworker on the back*

Other Coworkers: “Congratulations, [coworker]!”

Coworker: “Whoa whoa whoa! Wait up a minute here. What the h*** is going on?”

Boss: “C’mon, don’t be shy! We’re here to celebrate a new milestone in your life!”

Coworker: “What milestone? I don’t know what you’re talking about!”

Boss: “Sorry if I blew your secret, but I just couldn’t resist sharing the news! Congratulations, Dad!”

Coworker: “Uhh, no, I am not about to be a father.”

Boss: “…I thought you had to take your girlfriend to the doctor?”

Coworker: “That was a routine checkup! We’re not expecting!”

Boss: “Well, you should’ve been clearer!”

Coworker: “Even if we were expecting, don’t you think this is a bit grandiose for a baby shower?”

Boss: “I was really excited for you! It’s hard for me to not go all out!”

(Fortunately, we still had a lot of fun at our coworker’s “baby shower” and got a few good laughs out of it!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!