Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Confusing With A Side Of Confusion

| Right | February 14, 2017

(I’m manning the phones, taking room service orders. It’s after midnight and, as usual, many of our guests have over-indulged. I take a call from a lady who orders a toasted bagel with cream cheese. It’s a $4 item.)

Me: “That’s one toasted bagel. Would you like anything else?”

Guest: “Yes, I’d like a second bagel with that order.”

Me: “Okay, so two bagels. Will that be all for you?”

Guest: “Well, I want a second bagel, but I don’t want it to be a double order. Just put an extra bagel with the first bagel.”

Me: “Okay, then we would charge you for two bagels.”

Guest: “No, I’m not ordering two bagels. I’m ordering a toasted bagel with cream cheese. I don’t want a double order of bagels. Just put another plain bagel alongside my toasted bagel.”

Me: “I’ll see what I can do.”

(I submit the order to the kitchen as a toasted bagel for $4, and a second bagel with no cream cheese for $2. The kitchen advises that each bagel is $4 and the cream cheese is included at no charge, so that’s how the order is delivered. We never hear back from the guest, so she apparently accepts the order. When I relate this request to my associates, they are quite amused and expand the concept to their own liking:)

Coworker #1: “Please give me a beer, and a beer on the side. But I’m only ordering one beer.”

Coworker #2: “Yes, I’d like a hamburger, with a side of hamburger.”

(We’re still puzzled what the lady’s thought process might have been, but it was clearly alcohol induced.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!