Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Confirming Nothing

, , , | Right | March 7, 2018

(Our hotel has been booked up for a particular Friday for weeks due to a convention in town. The night before that date, we are still technically entirely booked for that date, and we get a call from a guest.)

Coworker: “Hey, [My Name], I have this lady on the phone, and she says she wanted to book for tomorrow night, but somehow it was booked for tonight, instead.”

Me: “Hmm… Well…”

Coworker: “Yeah, I explained that we were booked up, and she said we should accommodate her because she has a ‘confirmation.'”

Me: *after taking the appropriate time to process this logic* “No. Tell her we’re booked, and we can cancel her reservation for tonight, but that’s all.”

Coworker: *after getting back on the phone for a few moments* “Huh. She hung up. Didn’t even tell me if she wanted to cancel or not.”

Me: “Just put a note on her reservation not to charge it if it no-shows. You know, we’re at the point now that we’ll probably have plenty of rooms after no-shows and cancellations are accounted for. But since she decided to be a b****, she isn’t getting one.”

(If her logic carried, anyone could make a reservation for another night and then call and claim that it was supposed to be for a night when we’re sold out. I’m not going to reward that kind of stupid and solidify it in someone’s head that it can work that way.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!