Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Complaining To Have Nothing To Complain About

| Right | November 5, 2014

(At the restaurant all ‘extra’ items are served on the side, such as lemons for water or extra dressing, as well as a few of the sides. One of the customers has ordered a water with lemon, and this occurs after I set down her glass.)

Customer: “I said I wanted water with lemon. Why are you incapable of doing anything right?”

(I set out down the dish of lemons that was on my tray with the remaining drinks.)

Customer: “Oh, usually people forget them.”

Me: “Okay, well, are you ready to order?”

Customer: “Yes, I will have [Food], with a side of ranch, ketchup, and [several other extra items]. And you better not forget anything, I am so tired of having to ask six times for everything.”

Me: “I won’t forget anything.”

Customer: “Yeah, right; you people always forget something.”

Me: “Okay, I will do my best.”

(Since it this is a larger table, when the food is finally ready it takes three servers to carry out the food. I set the customers food down first.)

Customer: “Where is my ketchup, ranch, and [several other items]? I knew you would forget them. You are completely worthless!”

Me: “I have them but they are on the next few trays.”

(I gesture to the two servers behind me waiting with the rest of the order.)

Customer: “No, it’s not. You’re just making excuses for your incompetence.”

(The customer continues to yell at me the entire time I am passing out the food while watching me to be sure I don’t sneak back to get items that I forgot. After I am done I look at the customer.)

Me: “Is there anything else you need?”

(The customer looks at the food and starts to pout. Her husband, who has been silent this entire time, finally speaks, obviously somewhat annoyed.)

Husband: “Well, I don’t think she forgot anything did she, honey? It looks like she brought everything you wanted.”

Customer: “Well, yeah, but she only got everything so that she could make me look bad.”

(The customer did not say another word the rest of the time the were there. Instead she just glared angrily at me!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!