Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Complaining Is On The Menu

, , | Right | April 13, 2018

(I work at a well-known cafe. There are two sets of registers, but the menu only hangs over one set. We do have a lot of paper menus for our guests to look at, which also list all the ingredients to our food. I am working at the registers that don’t have menus hanging over them. An elderly woman approaches my register.)

Me: “Hello, ma’am! How are you this afternoon?”

Customer: *angry* “I’m fine, except for the fact that I can’t even see your menu! This is such an inconvenience that I have to strain my eyes to see it!”

Me: “I’m sorry about that, ma’am. Would you like a paper menu? They list all of our items so you can see them up close and personal.”

Customer: *ignores me and orders as if she already knew what she wanted*

Me: *finishes ringing her up* “Okay, that’ll be ready shortly. Thank you, ma’am. Have a nice day!”

Coworker: “Why did she complain so much about the menu if she already knew what she wanted?”

Me: “You got me.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!