Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Common Sense Just Melts Away, Part 3

| Right | August 4, 2016

(I work as an assistant manager at an ice-cream shop. It is April and sunny out and a customer has come in and bought some of our ice-cream cupcakes about one and a half hours ago. A customer storms into the store and demands to talk to the manager.)

Me: “I’m the assistant manager. What can I do for you?”

Customer: “I demand that you replace my cupcakes.”

(She pulls the container with the melted cupcakes out of her bag.)

Me: “After you purchased these, did you store them in a freezer?”

Customer: “No. I left them in my car while I did my other shopping. Why would I store them in a freezer?”

Me: “Because they’re made of ice cream. That’s why they’re in a display freezer.”

(I gesture to the back of the store where our freezer sits, full of ice-cream cakes, cupcakes, and tubs of ice cream.)

Customer: “How was I to know that’s why they were in a freezer? You should tell people that they’re made of ice cream before they buy them.”

(I replace her cupcakes with new ones, making sure to tell her that they are made of ice-cream and should be kept in a freezer.)

 

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!