Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Common Sense Is In The Bag

| Right | May 5, 2014

(An in-house guest walks back into the hotel lobby.)

Guest: “I demand to speak to your manager!”

Me: “Sure, ma’am. I’ll call the manager now.”

(The manager comes down to the lobby.)

Manager: “Yes? How can I assist you, ma’am?”

Guest: “I would like to claim MYR5000 from the hotel for the loss of my bag!”

Manager: “I am sorry, but when did this happen and where was the last place you kept the bag?”

Guest: “No. I just bought the bag from the mall and it was snatched by a motorist on my way back. It cost me MYR5000 for the bag. Now it is stolen so the hotel must pay me back!”

Manager: “I am sorry, ma’am. Would you like to lodge a police report?”

Guest: “No. Just pay me my money back.”

Manager: “I am sorry again, ma’am. But the loss of the bag is not the responsibility of the hotel as it happened outside the hotel premises. However, we can send you to the nearest hospital for a check-up if you need it, or the police station to file a report. We are sorry for the loss, but we cannot pay you for something that is not taken by the hotel or our staff.”

Guest: “But I am your guest and I lost a bag. How is that not your responsibility? I am never coming back and I will tell all my friends and family about your poor attitude!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!