Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Common Sense Cashed Out A While Ago

, , , , | Right | August 23, 2019

(I work in a predominantly Southern fast food restaurant that specializes in ice-cream-based treats. Due to some technical issues, our card readers are down, so we’re only able to take cash. I’m working in the drive-thru when a car pulls up to the speaker.)

Me: “Thank you for choosing [Restaurant]. Due to computer issues, we can only accept cash right now; will that be okay?”

Customer: “Yeah, that’s fine!”

(He proceeds to order about $30 worth of food. We have a small line in the drive-thru lane and our kitchen workers are fairly fast, so by the time the customer pulls up to the window I have his food sitting nearby.)

Me: “All right, sir, that’ll be [price].”

Customer: “Oh, I don’t actually have any cash.”

Me: “Oh, well… Sorry about that. Come and see us again.”

Customer: “Isn’t that my food right there?” *points to the bag near me*

Me: “Yes, but if you can’t pay for it I can’t give it out.”

Customer: “So, instead, you’re just going to let all the food go to waste?”

Me: “I don’t really have much choice in the matter, sir, if I want to keep my job.”

Customer: *sneering* “People like you are what’s wrong with this world!”

(He raced away from the window, nearly hitting someone in his rush to exit the parking lot.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!