Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Common Americano Mistake

, , , | Right | February 8, 2018

(I’m in line at a well-known US coffee shop chain. It’s quite busy, and the line is stretched nearly out the door; it’s the morning rush. There are two gentlemen in front of me in line who look like mechanics. One orders a grande Americano with room. I place my order and go to the other end to wait, when this happens:)

Employee: “Tall Americano with room! On the bar!”

(The guy who was in front of me grabs the coffee and puts half-and-half in it and stirs it up. His buddy then pipes up:)

Mechanic #1: “Dude, that’s a girl’s drink.”

Mechanic #2: “What? Screw you! No, it isn’t! Guys order Americanos all the time; don’t be a jerk.”

Mechanic #1: “No, dude. There’s a chick’s name on the side of the cup.”

(He looks and, sure enough, there is an obviously female name written on the side of the cup. A lady pipes up from the crowd of people waiting for their drinks.)

Lady: “That’s my drink!”

(The staff visibly stiffens and everyone braces themselves for her to flip out.)

Lady: “Man, I’ve been waiting here for ten minutes for that! How long did you wait? Five seconds? Did you think you were going to get yours before everyone else? Look at this line!”

Mechanic #2: “I… I… I’m so sorry. I wasn’t paying attention. I got the same thing; you can have mine.”

Lady: “Dude, I’m messing with you. You didn’t put your finger in it, or anything?”

Mechanic #2: “No, just some half-and-half and a stirrer.”

Lady: “That’s what I was going to get, anyway. No worries, man.”

(She grabs the coffee and walks out. The guy’s coffee comes next, a grande Americano. He looks embarrassed.)

Mechanic #2: “It wasn’t even the same size. I need coffee before I get my coffee.”

(We all had a good laugh. It was really nice to see everyone keep their cool and not make a big deal out of it. We all started our morning off with a chuckle.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!