Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Coming From Bad Stock

| Right | December 30, 2016

(A woman comes in with a sale catalogue that ended two days ago and asks for an extremely popular item we only get in at Christmas, Easter, and Father’s Day, and only stock a limited amount of. We obviously are completely sold out of it country-wide. It also states in the now-finished catalogue in her hand ‘store stock only!’ When informed that we do not have them (I didn’t even bother pointing out the ended sale at that point) she demands a rain check and when told “sorry, we can’t do a rain check on that item,” becomes enraged and starts bleating on about legislation and that under this act we have to do a rain check. Then comes the inevitable demand for the manager, who happened to be looking up a part beside me.)

Manager: *politely* “That would be me. First of all, if you want to argue legislation you may want the correct act. Secondly, that item is store stock only. When it’s gone, it’s gone. We can’t order it in. We get sent it the next time head office decides to put it on sale which will be Easter. And thirdly, even if I could order it in, that sale ended on the 22nd. It is now the 24th so it is now back up to full price at $69.99.”

Woman: *glaring* “Well, this is completely f****** pointless!” *stalks toward the door*

Manager: *calling after her* “Yes, it is. Enjoy the rest of your day and have a very merry Christmas!”

(His customer and I could only look at each other and laugh.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!